The company was founded by Mr. Harrie W. Barnwell in 1919, when he built his first home in Five Dock. In 1922 H.W. Barnwell moved its operations to Sydney’s “Northern Districts” building two homes in Eastwood.
After some time based in Eastwood the business moved to Cherrybrook for approx. 30 years. In 2013 the business relocated its office to the Northern Beaches but continues its main area of construction in Sydney’s Northern suburbs.
In 1940 Harrie was joined by his son Keith. Alan and Ken (the third generation of Barnwell’s) joined the company in the 1970’s. Ken continues the company in his grandfather’s name and is now designing and constructing new homes and additions in Sydney’s Northern suburbs.
H.W.Barnwell Pty. Ltd. works hard to ensure the company’s excellent reputation, established nearly 100 years ago, continues with each contract.
This Barnwell pride in quality workmanship continues now working in conjunction with
Penguin Designs, run by Ken’s wife Patricia, offering clients a full design and drafting service for their new homes and additions.